Friday, November 4, 2016

Party of One!

Clouds over the Grand Canyon

Maybe I'm Spoiled


After my recent visit to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon National Park, I can't seem to get motivated to get out to shoot photographs. I've been through this before and I know it will pass but I don't like it. It seems like I'm cheating on myself.

Besides the Grand Canyon, I had been to Yosemite, Sequoia, and Joshua Tree National Parks the month before. Maybe I've just seen too much beauty in the last couple of months! Maybe I just need to refresh!

Recovery Goals


I have been toying with the idea of visiting Zion or Bryce National Parks this month but my motivation is lacking. I'm not sure why.

Zion looks very interesting but you have to use the shuttle to get around the main valley area. That means I'd have to carry camera gear including a tripod onto a shuttle bus and that seems fussy to me. I can't shoot hand held because of my shaky hands. I've learned that much in the last few years. That means that I can just take photographs that would likely be more of a "snapshot" quality and useful for memories or Facebook but probably not anything I'd print and hang on a wall.

Bryce looks a bit less interesting for some reason but you don't have to use the shuttle bus. I'm sure there are some wonderful images to be captured there from the view points and trails. It actually looks more appealing to me and is where I thought I'd go for a day or two this November.

The Impediment


Me on the East Veranda of the Grand Canyon Lodge
North Rim, Grand Canyon National Park
Where ever I go it will once again be by myself. I think that is what I'm somewhat dreading. I recently posted about my dilemma regarding being solo or with others and I'm still struggling with that. I probably always will. Regardless, this will likely be another lonely trip (I've asked around and haven't got anyone else interested).

My wife started a new job and can't go with me. I don't think I'll take my dog Elmer since dogs aren't allowed on the trails and I want to get off of the asphalt (that's why I didn't take him to Yosemite either).

It looks like it'll be me and my Nikon driving for about 7 hours each way to get to Bryce Canyon National Park. I hope it is ready for some chatting and can keep me warm at night!




No comments:

Post a Comment