Friday, July 3, 2015

Quick Review of the Hakuba PSTC-200 Tripod Case

I bought this Hakuba PSTC-200 Tripod Case based on the reviews on Adorama's page, and after receiving it on 7/2/2015, I agree with and echo all of the positive comments. 


Hakuba PSTC-200 Tripod Case
This Hakuba Large / PSTC-200 bag is great. The zipper looks like a YKK grade on both the bag and the side pouch. The padding is nice and thick, maybe 1/2" or more. As mentioned, it also includes another pouch inside the bag with a Velcro closure. It also has a transparent pouch for a business card or other identification card on the outside, opposite the large pouch.

I got this case to replace a cheap VidPro bag I'd got from Amazon (which also had a number of positive reviews) that cost about $15.00. That bag had just enough padding to claim it was padded but the zipper failed me after about 18 months (I bought the VidPro on 1/22/2014, the zipper no longer functioned by June 2015). The VidPro has a very cheap sort of coiled plastic zipper that easily pulls apart and eventually wouldn't zip together at all. I really wanted a new bag with a working zipper (otherwise why have it?).

I really did not want the Manfrotto or other manufacturer bags because of the advertising. 

The only thing better in my opinion would be a hard case.

This case easily fits my Manfrotto 055XPROB with 468MGRC5 ball head attached. I can fit my other cheaper tripod in there too if desired.

I wish I'd got this bag at the start - it's under $45 and will provide a lot of protection for a few hundred dollars of tripod and ball head.

I don't plan to use it to carry the tripod on a trail but it does come with a shoulder strap. (I have the Manfrotto strap that goes on the tripod itself to carry it in the field).

No comments:

Post a Comment