Monday, May 19, 2014

Quick Reflections

Another weekend has passed and again, I didn't get any new pictures shot. Well, I didn't shoot any that I will end up using (except maybe one or two unremarkable shots). What a bummer. But, I had some household things I had to take care of. Here's some thoughts about what I did get done relating to photography...
 

Post Processing

 
I think I've about got all of my current pictures (from the last 9 months or so) posted on my online gallery (http://www.RandyMorter.com/photos) that I intend to post. There may be a few more stragglers, but I finally got my shots from Willcox, Arizona posted, and I think that those were about the last of them.

As I processed them, I noticed a few things. 1) I had processed a number of them before and they seemed to take a lot longer the first time I did them. And, now I use fewer adjustments in Nikon CaptureNX 2 than before. 2) I'm dismayed that Nikon is dumping CaptureNX 2 in favor of a watered down post processing software package. 3) I've posted over 400 pictures to my gallery. 4) My right shoulder starts aching after processing only a few pictures.

 

Don't use Scotch Brite on Plexi-glass


I thought I'd try taking some pictures of the fish in our fish tank. I wanted to ensure it was clean so I used a Scotch Brite pad on it. It scratched the surface of the tank and wifey isn't happy about it. The scratches don't lend themselves to good pictures either.

Extension Tubes


Even though the fish pictures didn't turn out, they were aided by the use of my extension tubes. This was only the second time I'd used them. I need to use them more; they open up a new world and if I'm not getting out of the house at least I could try using the extension tubes to get some different perspective on things.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment